The Owner/Operator is required to
- Establish a TSA approved 5-part Cybersecurity Implementation Plan to address cybersecurity measures specified in SD02C
- Produce a Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan
- Create a Cybersecurity Assessment Program
- Maintain a regular practice to fulfill the plans and course of action described in parts 1, 2 and 3
- Submit to TSA an annual plan identifying methods, processes, and procedures to assess the effectiveness of the cybersecurity plans and programs of parts 1, 2 and 3
Actions and/or Recommendations
- Identify current client base which may be impacted by SD02C
- Communicate Mangan Cybersecurity capabilities to the client base falling into the category of owners and operators describe in the Systems Impacted Section
- Identify client capabilities to meet the SD02C requirements
- Offer Mangan Cybersecurity to supplement client resources or provide solutions to meet
SD02C requirements on behalf of the client
- Reach out to congressional representatives to better understand how to interact with TSA on behalf of clients
Be aware that SD02C is not designated Sensitive Security Information. However, information submitted to the TSA in support of any of the SD02C requirements is protected as Sensitive Security Information per 49 CFR parts 15 (relating to Department of Transportation regulated assets) and 1520 (relating to Coast Guard regulated assets).
About REAL Matters and Mangan Inc.
REAL Matters advisories are published to communicate cybersecurity threats and risks within the Operational Technology (OT) environment and where Critical Infrastructure vulnerabilities are identified. The purpose of this newsletter is to inform, propose suggested approaches to mitigate the risk as well as provide feedback on how Mangan Cybersecurity is approaching the issue(s) addressed.
Mangan Inc. is a nationally-recognized Specialty Engineering, Automation, and Integration company, providing a full-range of services to the Oil & Gas, Refining, Pipeline, Chemicals, and Life Sciences Industries. Established in Long Beach, California in 1990, Mangan’s multiple office locations include sites in California, Georgia, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Texas, and Louisiana. Mangan’s 350+ employee-owners bring expertise, innovation, and safety as their core mission to some of the largest companies in the world.